> > Proposed: Change the wording to "The song must have been re-recorded:
> > where the same original source tracks are used, the track-track
> "Earliest
> > Release of AR" should be used instead."
> >

> yes - change this straight away IMO. i think it must have been a mistake

As this one is a wiki issue, rather than a style or AR change, and corrects
something that's clearly wrong as it is, I'm going to go ahead and change it
now.  If anyone objects, just let me know, and we can revert back to the
sentence as it is now.

On 6c, drsaunde contacted me and clarified that he's understood that one to
be for the "A&R support provided by" type of listing in album credits.  That
definitely helps to clarify what that AR is, though I think it still would
much better be a artist-track and artist-url (homepage) AR, rather than
shortcutting around the artist and going right to a webpage.

> i think the point of these might be when a website is quoted on the
sleeve,
> rather than a person/company. i guess you could easily infer the actual
> company from these, add that to MBz, then do an 'official homepage' AR but
> then it seems a bit of a 'waste' of an artist, and indeed contrary to how
> this info is presented on sleeves. i think we could leave this as it is.

It could be, though if that is what was meant, there's a definate need that
such be clarified in the wiki.  I have to admit, I'd not even thought of
that view - though I can't recall the last time I actually saw a liner list
a credit to a website like that, I guess it could happen.  However, if such
is the intent, we need to make sure that these track-urls specify that such
is the only case one would use these ARs, and I still think these also ought
to all be, for the ones that currently aren't such, also able to be set as
artist-track ARs, for those times when a name, and not a URL, is used in the
liner.  My sense is, if an artist is credited on the liner, then it's our
representing that credit by linking to an entry for that artist.  Such would
seem to never be a wasted artist, imho...

Brian