Hi,

There are now several DACs which support native DSD plackback using the
'dCS DSD' spec. I've crafted a mpd decoder module, based on the
dsdiff_decoder_pluging and dsd2pcm available in svn, which outputs
packed DSD. But now I wondering how to go forward with this and get my
code integrated into mpd.

Shall I expend the current dsdiff_decoder_pluging/dsd2pcm code and add a
decoder configuration option so the user can select native or dsd2pcm
output? Or add a new decoder? [this is what I currently have as a test
case]

Ideally dsd2pcm of dsd native output should be select-able per audio_out
section in mpd.conf so they can run side by side.

Cheers,
Jurgen