________________________________

The Supposed Shred of Evidence for my banning - Dr Bilal Philips
Thursday, June 24th, 2010
In order to justify banning me, the Home Secretary has pulled out of her bag of
tricks a truncated statement of mine relative to suicide bombing being a
military tactic. The statement was made in a 1994 recording (16 years ago) for
Sharjah TV. The 2009 date given which they claim is incorrect. The program was
replayed in 2009, as, since I left the UAE in 2003, I have not returned. The
original statement was made in the beginning of the Palestinian struggle, when
use of this tactic was directed at troops and not civilians – similar to
“suicide missions” well known in military operations. Once use of the tactic
changed and civilians were targeted, my position also changed. Consequently, in
my hundreds of lectures (on youtube and elsewhere) I have clearly condemned
suicide bombing as haraam (forbidden) in Islam [outside of military necessity]
especially where directed at civilian populations. In fact I was among the first
to condemn 9l11 and 7/7 when they occurred.
A number of other authentic Islamic lecturers have been recently banned from the
UK and other Western countries.
This is a very silly policy on the part of the UK and others, as it is we who
are enlightening Muslims to the true teachings of Islam to warn them away from
extremism and terrorism in the name of Islam. When they ban us, they leave a
vacuum which the extremists will fill using what has happened to us as proof of
the UK’s evil intent towards the Muslim community.
However, it is all good in the end for Allah will complete His guidance despite
their hatred of it. As one of my students said, “Dr Zakir Naik and Peace TV will
be the most googled items in the UK these days” – good publicity.
It is clear that the goal is to counter or stop the spread of Islamic awareness
in general in the West. Their hopes for assimilation of Muslims are being dashed
with the current Islamic awakening. Muslims will remain distinct, and not
absorbed like all the other cultures which came and were conquered by the
western globalized culture. It is an extension of the Clash of Civilizations
concept which I developed in my book by that name.
It is part of the strategy that they prevent clarity from moderate external
speakers and justify it with the internal extremists whom they allow to
function. The clampdown all over Europe using the niqaab as the rallying point
is all part of the bigger plan. But Islam cannot be defeated, it will prevail,
as it is THE TRUE RELIGION OF GOD.

http://blog.bilalphilips.com/tag/banning/

www.bilalphilips.com

Please spread the word about the islamic online universityfor those who
know English to study free online from their homes.
http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com