Karen Bruner wrote:

> I've been able to successfully marry pmx and musixlyr, but now I want to
> add guitar tablature to my scores.  Is there a way to put in tablature
> in the .pmx file?  I've looked at the tabdefs.tex macros, but I'm not
> sure about sticking them into a pmx file with a regular score.
>
> It's not major.  For now I can just add a another staff, using the
> string position as that note's "lyric."
> As in, E3 A2 D0, etc.

By adding a little in-line musixtex it is possible to get something like
tabdefs.tex within mtx/pmx, for example:

Meter: C
MyStyle: Voices V1,V2 V3; Choral; Clefs G8 G
Style: MyStyle
Space: 2 0

%% \def\gf#1#2{\lower 1\internote\hbox{\zcharnote{#1}{#2}}}

%% \\setlines{1}{6}\setsize{1}\largevalue\setclefsymbol1\empty\
e4 g b e |
rpb |
U: @+2 Em C G C
\gf42\ r4b \gf60\ rb \gf80\ rb \gf{10}0\ rb |

d c b ds |
rpb |
U: G C D7 ~
\gf83\ rb \gf81\ rb \gf80\ rb \gf84\ rb |

e0 zb zg
e0-
U: Em
\gf{10}0\gf80\gf60\gf00\ rb0

There are some unsolved problems, however, in this example. For example
an appropriate vertical offset of the commom meter symbol and the
suppression of key signatures in the "tablature" staff. I deliberately
omitted the single sharp belonging to key in this example, e minor.
Maybe some of the MusixTex wizzards in this audience will come up with
solutions:-)

Regards
--
Christian Mondrup, Computer Programmer
Scandiatransplant, Skejby Hospital, University Hospital of Aarhus