On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:13:40 +0100
Calixte Faure <calixte.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I disagree for measure numbering.
> It can be useful on a big score to find the measure with searching it
> number.
> We could number with a step, like every 5 measure.
> Also, I don’t use Frescobaldi often.

I think Frescobaldi is very lightweight compared to other GUI programs.

Perhaps there are text-mode editors that can look for the N-th
occurrence of "|" - that could help as well.

Looking for "% 22" can easily lead to another voice, which would be
confusing.  I remember making that mistake and editing a wrong voice.

I always use \barNumberCheck at the end of every voice.  Perhaps it
could be used on every 10th measure or so in very large scores.  I
think it could be in the beginning of lines to make it more visible.
Comment-based bar numbers could only be on separate lines is we want
them to be in the fixed positions rather than at the line ends.

It's hard to argue about what is convenient because everybody uses
different tools.  But my impression if that the bar numbers are hard on
the eye and distract from other things.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin