#3040: charset difference between index browser and pager

Comment (by Derek Martin):

 {{{
 On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 01:47:28AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
 > > Mutt should not be redesigned in such a way as
 > > to be inconsistent with the current Unix paradigm for handling
 > > encodings, just because you don't like your options...
 >
 > No, that's not the current Unix paradigm.

 The fact that other encodings exist does not mean that using Unicode
 is not the current Unix paradigm for solving the problem of using
 multiple languages with different character sets simultaneously.  Your
 stubborn unwillingness to accept this simple truth, and nothing else,
 is your problem.  Accept it, use it, use applications that work with
 it, and your problems will disappear, as they did for me 4 years ago.
 }}}

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3040#comment:>