On 1999-06-10 18:54:43 +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:

>  The man page continues to say

>      Applications which use this system
>      call must be coded to detect  this  failure  and  switch  to
>      using chdir() from that point on.

>  which might be important for fixing this.

Using chdir() to fix this isn't really an alternative - after all,
directories can be moved just as well as files.  There's more in
having an open file descriptor to something than just a performance
improvement...

Mh.  Maybe I should backport the --enable-external-dotlock option of
mutt's unstable branch to the stable branch.