Hello!

...and then Jackal said...
% I have some problems with the send-hooks in my muttrc.  It does not seem to
% work as I expect it.  Maybe someone can enlighten me.

I can try...

%
% I have these two send-hooks in my muttrc
%
% send-hook '~t@' 'my_hdr From: Default Name <default@email> ; set
sendmail='/path/to/sendmail -oi -oem -f default@email'"
% send-hook '~t@work' 'my_hdr From: Work Name <workname@work> ; set
sendmail='/path/to/sendmail -oi -oem -f workname@work'"

Hmmm...  Seems a bit complicated to me.

First, I'd just use a default hook (send-hook .) instead of another
match.  Second, I'd just use a my_hdr instead of messing with sendmail.

So you get something like

  send-hook . 'my_hdr From: Default Name <default@email>'
  send-hook "~t @work' 'my_hdr From: Work Name <workname@work>'

for your .muttrc file.  The my_hdr should take care of sendmail and the
from envelope, IIUC.  And the default hook will definitely match once
you're not sending to someone at work.

%
% i thought that would mean that whenever I send a mail addressed to anyone with
% a @work address mutt would set the sendmail as per the send-hook rule and the From:
as well.
%
% But if i send a work email and then send a personal one...it does not set the
% sendmail back to the default@email but the From is correct....
%
% anybody knows what I am talking about here?

HTH

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature