Hi, folks --

I dump my incoming mail into =F.* with procmail, and I have a little
alias that keeps track of the log and gives me stats like

  -rw-r--r--   1 davidtg         0 Mar  1 15:24 .mail.log.date
  The current date is:             Mar  2 08:37

  50
  Folder: /usr/bin/formail
  Folder: /var/spool/mail/davidtg
  Folder: F.funnies
  Folder: F.lists
  Folder: F.mutt
  Folder: F.news
  Folder: F.root

I can thus see how many new messages (50) have come in since I last
cleared the log, and where they landed (a few just went through formail,
some hit $MAIL, and the rest landed in =F.*).  If I stay on top of things,
I can run through each of the F.* folders, set the sort to unsorted
(hmmm...  is there a reverse-unsorted, funny though that sounds, so that
I could just go to message 1 every time?), and check the bottom couple
of messages to make sure that nothing was misfiled, even if I don't want
to read things right now.

It gets a little hairier if I go on vacation for a week :-)  Unsorted
mode still helps, but I am now sufficiently advanced to use 'limit' to
show me only messages since a certain date -- like "l ~r 01/03/2000-"
for this example (though I also wish there were a $date_format setting
so that I could use YYYY/MM/DD instead :-)

I'd like to whip up a little muttrc which says

  source $HOME/mutt/.muttrc
  push 'l ~r 01/03/2000-'

and then fire up mutt on the F.* folder using -F to source *this* muttrc
file, but I can't get the push grammar right.  Maybe push isn't what I
need to just limit the display, perhaps.  Help!

Eventually, all of this will be dynamically generated by a little script
which parses the procmail log in much the same way as the alias, but
grabs only the =F.* folders, and then creates the limit command based
on the .mail.log.date timestamp...  Maybe I should just a -e command when
calling mutt from the script instead of a .muttrc file, too...

TIA

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature