On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 08:31:55PM +0000, rex wrote:
> > ...and then Belinda Roussel said...
> > % I need to send an html web page on Unix and I don't know how to. Could
> > % anyone please give me some guidance or direct me to a helpful web site
>
> She wants to periodically and automatically mail a web page from *nix
> to a Netscape user and have it appear as HTML, not as raw ASCII. I
> suggested:
>
>   You can MIME encode and send from the command line with Mutt:
>
>   mutt -s "daily data" -a ~/data.html [EMAIL PROTECTED] < ~/boilerplate_text
>
>   "data.html" is the HTML formatted file, "boilerplate_text" is any file
>   (to make mutt happy), and "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" is the recipient address .

If the web page is not directly on disk, f.e. it's dynamically generated
by webserver, you could use something similar:

wget http://web.server.com/somedir/somefile.html
mutt -s "daily data" -a somefile.html [EMAIL PROTECTED] <~/boilerplate_text

... and automate it through user crontab (see "man crontab")

--
< Martin Mačok        [EMAIL PROTECTED]           <iso-8859-2>
  \\  http://kocour.ms.mff.cuni.cz/~macok/  http://underground.cz/  //