On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Jason Helfman wrote:

> Ok after further investigation I found now that I do infact have a .lbdb
> in my home directory with these listings...
>
> m_inmail.list                      m_inmail.list.dsl-64-34-6-73.9705
> m_inmail.list.dsl-64-34-6-73.9703  m_inmail.list.lock
>
> however they are all empty, i assume the lock would be, but not the
> others....

Sounds very strange.  What version of lbdb are you using (most recent
version is 0.20, have a look at http://www.spinnaker.de/lbdb/)?

In version 0.20 after receiving new mail (lbdb-fetchaddr) there is
only a m_inmail.list (the database) and a m_inmail.list.dirty (an
empty file, which shows that there may be duplicates in the database).

When you run lbdbq with the m_inmail module activated, this means that
m_inmail.list is deduped in a temporary file named
m_inmail.list.$$.tmp (where $$ is the current Process ID).  When
deduping is done, the temporary file is renamed to m_inmail.list and
m_inmail.list.dirty is removed.

I don't see where these m_inmail.list.dsl-64-34-6-73.9703 come from...

BTW: m_inmail.list.lock should be there only while lbdb-fetchaddr or
the m_inmail module of lbdbq are running and removed when their job is
done.

Tschoeeee

        Roland

--