On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 10:04:42PM -0500, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> Brian Salter-Duke [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> > I know little or nothing about configure so could not start to do this
> > myself. Would it be possible to have a configure flag called something
> > like --compile-only?. This would merely compile mutt and nothing else. I
> > find I often do a complete install and then with the same version I want
> > to do something that changes mutt only - not the docs, not the language
> > support, not mutt-docklock, etc. I may want to try ncurses after the
> > first compile was with slang. I may want to try enabling another option
> > such as pop3. I may want to apply a patch. Now in some cases one can get
> > away without doing "make distclean" in other cases one has to go back
> > to a new configure run. I believe it would be quite usefull.
> >
> > Of course it may already be possible and I have missed it!
>
> I think this is what 'make mutt' is for.

This does not quite do what I want. If you have done "make distclean"
and then done a new configure, you have lost libintl.a. "make mutt" does
not create libintl.a. You have to "cd intl; make", and then "make mutt"
works. Maybe the fact that this does not work is a bug in the
construction of the main Makefile. This was with 1.2.5.

Brian.

--
Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
      School of Biological, Environmental and Chemical Sciences, SITE,