I recently decided to try GnuPG after using only pgp2 off and on for
some years. It was only after I downloaded it and played with it for a
while, that I realised that version 1.0.3 was very recent. I had got in
right at the beginning of a new version. This new version incorporates
RSA which I understand came out of copyright only in September.

This allows one I gather to encrypt in a manner compatible with pgp2.

The gpg.rc script assumes the use of gpg-2comp and this assumes that RSA
patches to gpg have been installed. Version 1.0.3 appears to alter the
whole game.  So my question is this - what do we have to use in place of
gpg.rc. Has anybody given this any thought or has anyone who used an
earlier version of gpg got any war stories about upgrading to 1.0.3?

Now an extra question. I always get "gpg: Please note that you don't
have secure memory on this system". I added "no-secmem-warning" to
~/.gnupg/options as suggested and I then made gpg suid root. I still get
the error message. Any ideas?

Cheers, Brian.

--
Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chemistry, School of BECS, SITE, NT University, Darwin, NT 0909, Australia.