On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 10:13:55AM +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:
> Brian Salter-Duke muttered:
> > >
> > > What's wrong with using the filter-entry function from the compose menu
> > > (bound to F by default, apparently)?
> > >
> > It is not the attachment I want to filter and F is filter-entry for the
> > attachment. I want to alter the message itself.
>
> The message body _is_ an attachment.

[My explanation of what I'm doing snipped]

> If you alter the headers with hooks, all you need to change is the
> messege body. This could be done with <filter-entry>.

Thanks, Michael and Mikko, for your explanation. Using <filter-entry>
bound to F works. It prompts for my filter script and then needs a
"yes" reply as it warns it is overwriting the mutt-hostname-number file
in /tmp.

So far so good. I then tried to write a macro:-

macro   attach  \Cp     "<filter-entry>try1<enter>yes<enter>"

try1 is the name, for now, of my filter script.

This does not work. When I try, it says the key is not bound and
if I use '?' to see what is bound it indeed is not bound. I have the
following in my muttrc, many taken from Roland's keybinding. Mostly
these do not show in '?' in the attach menu either. Only \e;, Q and v
show and I suspect these are defaults. i is still bound to ispell, which
I guess is the default.

macro   attach  \Cb     ":set pipe_decode\n|urlview\n:unset pipe_decode\n" \
                        "Call urlview to extract URLs out of a message"
bind    attach  g       group-reply
bind    attach  i       exit
macro   attach  \el     "|less\n" "View plain message using less"
                                                # view plain message
bind    attach  Q       exit
macro   attach  \eu     "|uudeview -\n" "uudecode attachment"
                                                # uudecode attachment
bind    attach  v       view-attach

Is this a bug that you can not add macros and bindings to the attach
menu? Or as usual am I making a fool of myself?

Cheers, Brian.
--
Associate Professor Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Chemistry, School of BECS, SITE, NT University, Darwin, NT 0909, Australia.