On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 20:35:55 +0200, Mikko Hänninen wrote:
> Nils Vogels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Sun, 05 Nov 2000:
>
> > Another question: is there some way I can see what the current send-hook is
> > set to, like I can request the current value of a variable , using set
> > ?variable ?
>
> No there isn't, as far as I know.  Something like this would be useful
> though.  A way to list all the various hooks.  Usually it's possible to
> find out whether something is in effect or not through trial and error,
> but it sure would make things easier in some cases if you could just see
> the list.
>
> On the other hand, I'm not sure how a function like this would be
> implemented...  It would definitely need to be a list of some kind in
> a pager (much like the help screen), because there can be so many hooks
> defined at the same time.  Even if you restrict to just one type of
> hooks, there can be lots of them.

I made a hook-menu patch for Mutt 1.1 one year ago (it was posted
to mutt-dev at Nov 7, 1999). It implemented a menu which showed
all defined hooks with type, pattern/regex and command, and which
gave the possibility to delete any of them.

I attach the patch here again. It can not be applied without
changes to newer mutt versions. I don't have spare time right now
to update it, but anyone are welcome to do it.

--
Byrial
http://home.worldonline.dk/~byrial/

patch-1.1.bj.hook_menu.1.gz