JT Williams [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> > -:  set envelope_from
>
> > Ok, that did the trick.  Thanks!
>
> Well, maybe I spoke too soon.
>
> It's true that the list servers I was having problems with are
> now recognizing me, but our SysAdmin tells me there are still
> problems (see his explanation below).  Is this really a problem?
> I'd like to keep using mutt/IMAP if I could....  TIA/jtw
> -------
>    MUTT seems to use normal sendmail channels to send messages rather
>    than connecting directly to the IMAP server.  We run in a full IMAP
>    environment (/var/mail is not mounted to client machines and clients
>    do not run sendmail daemon).
>
>    This results in the sender's address being set to user@localhost
>    regardless of what MUTT settings are changed.  The final header
>    shows the sender's address as being from the workstation MUTT was
>    running on rather than the mail server.  In this respect, it behaves
>    exactly like "mailx".

It looks like you use Sun's sendmail.  So here's what I would do
to fix your problem.  (If this isn't Sun's Sendmail then check out
sendmail.org, but the process is almost esactly the same.)

  # /usr/lib/mail/cf
  # cp imain-v7sun.mc darwin.mc
  # vi darwin.mc   (or use your favorite editor)

add the following lines above the FEATURE lines.

  MASQUERADE_AS(darwin.sfbr.org)
  MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(darwin.sfbr.org)
  FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)
  FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)

add this line after the FEATURES lines.

  define(`SMART_HOST', `mailhost.$m')

and change `mailhost.$m` to the fully qualified name of your IMAP
server.  Once that is done, save dawin.mc and use m4 to redo the
sendmail.cf file.

  # pwd
  /usr/lib/mail/cf
  # /usr/ccs/bin/m4 ../m4/cf.m4 darwin.mc > darwin.cf

then try darwin.cf, if all is well copy it over to /etc/mail as
sendmail.cf.