I'm trying to figure out how to display diacritical marks in my received
emails.  I've tried setting LC_CTYPE as suggested in the FAQ; that leads
to the error message `couldn't set locale correctly'.  I've read about
`charset' and `charset-hook' in the manual, but what do I actually *do*
in my .muttrc to get a better character set?  (Something like PC-850
charset would be fine).

PS: I installed charmaps-0.0.tar.gz prior to building mutt.
--
TIA/jtw

% mutt -v
Mutt 1.2.5i (2000-07-28)
Copyright (C) 1996-2000 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: SunOS 5.7
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-DEBUG
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  -USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  -USE_FLOCK
+USE_IMAP  -USE_GSS  -USE_SSL  -USE_POP  -HAVE_REGCOMP  +USE_GNU_REGEX
+HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_PGP  -BUFFY_SIZE -EXACT_ADDRESS  +ENABLE_NLS
SENDMAIL="/usr/lib/sendmail"
MAILPATH="{darwin.sfbr.org}/var/mail"
SHAREDIR="/home/jeffw/gnu2/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/home/jeffw/gnu2/etc"
-ISPELL
To contact the developers, please mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
To report a bug, please use the muttbug utility.