Efata wrote:
> How I give sign or color to message (message have child only)
> in collapse thread?

Mr. Wade replied:
> I think you are asking how to specify index colors for a message
> that is part of a collapsed thread.  Assuming your terminal
> supports color,  this can be done using something like the
> following in ~/.muttrc or a another sourced file:
>
> color index red black ~v

David Champion commented:
> You can also use the approach of setting index_format to contain
>       %?M?<%2M>&%4c?
>
> This will display the number of hidden children in a collapsed thread
> instead of the message size whenever a displayed message is a thread
> leader.  I prefer this, since it gives more information and uses less
> color.  (I save my colors for other things.)
>
> (Actually, my index_format the shows the number of children if there
> are collapsed children, or else the number of attachments if there are
> attachments, or else the message size.  Quite a space-time-saver. :) )

I use a strategey similar to David Champion's index_format
method.  My $index_format contains %?M?(#%03M)&(%4c)? which is
nearly identical to what he suggested.

I'd be interested, though, in how he managed to get the
index_format to display "the number of attachments if there are
attachments" as he said.

        -- Mr. Wade

--
Linux: The Choice of the GNU Generation