Hello Osamu!

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 08:25:07PM +0200, Wilhelm Wienemann wrote:
> > > I am searching for a way defining a default TO: address depending
> > > on
> >   list-reply (default: L)
> >   Reply to the current or tagged message(s) by extracting any
> >   addresses which match the addresses given by the ``lists or
> >   subscribe'' commands, but also honor any Mail-Followup-To
> >   header(s) if the ``$honor_followup_to'' configuration variable is
> >   set.  Using this when replying to messages posted to mailing lists
> >   helps avoid duplicate copies being sent to the author of the
> >   message you are replying to.
>
> Is this true solution?

Sorry, but I didn't say it's the 'one-and-only' solution.
For me it's one of more possible ways to do it which will work
here on my box without any problems. :-)

Kai Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was asking on Fri, 11 May 2001
17:12:34 +0200:
press "m" I want a default address [EMAIL PROTECTED] there.

[...]
-----------------------> cut here < -------------------------

If you edit the 'subscribe'-variable in your $HOME/.muttrc then
you can get one (possible) solution with the answer which I've
quoted above and which is part of the official mutt-manual.

> I do concur the use of "lists or subscribe" is a good thing if used
> appropriately.  But blanket statement makes me worry.  This makes new
> message linked to previous message which we sometines do not want when
> one wish to initiate a thread.

IMHO it's a question of the right managing of the tools, especially the
configure-tools of mutt.

> This is valid only for continuing discussion. (I see so many careless
> posting attached to unrelated thread.)

IMHO that's not a question of the managing of the 'L' feature.

> L : continue discussion on list (Good thing with "lists"

...and 'subscribe' [!])

> m : start thread.
> g : reply to all

Also a possible way but mostly the PM of CC or BCC are enclosed.

bye - Wilhelm

--
   ._.   Wilhelm Wienemann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  / _,\
  \,     To learn more visit => http://www.debian.org/