Hello List!

I've got a question concerning German Umlaute (ä,ö,ü) in headers of
a mail.  Mutt is able to show them in a correct way, if I receive
any mail containing correctly encoded Umlaute in the header. It is
also able to correctly encode such characters if i use them by
editing the headers in my preferred editor (i.e. vi) having the
$edit_headers variable set.

But, in normal operation, I'd prefer to have $edit_headers unset and
would like to be able to enter characters like "ä", "ö" or "ü" in
the mutt dialog for entering recipients and subjects of a new mail.

But on my system hitting an "ä" does not cause any action, hitting
"ü" returns a "_" and so on.

Seems to be a problem with ncurses or so...
Can anybody help?

My machine runs SuSE 7.1, the $LANG variable is set to "de_DE" and
the problems occurs under X as well as in text mode.

Greetings

Christoph

--
Christoph Maurer - Jülicher Str. 80 - D - 52070 Aachen - Tux# 194235
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.christophmaurer.de