On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 02:52:01PM -0700, Monte Milanuk wrote:

> I highly recommend the script 'install-sendmail'  available at:
>
> http://cork.linux.ie/projects/install-sendmail/

Well, it may be wonderfull, but it didn't work for me -- I really, do
not remember, what was the problem. But certainly, something like that
(more robust -- if I recall it well, I created some reall mess by some
typo).

> This has helped me out _greatly_ over the years, and is by far the easiest method
> I know of.  Too bad it isn't more popular -- then someone might get around to
> making similar facilities for postfix, exim, and qmail.

Yes, something like that. Although, things are really much less
necessary for postfix. I was able to get working postfix by merely
grabbing RH-Postfix-HOWTO (www.redhat.com/support/docs/ -- I have not
succeed with the parallel HOWTO on Sendmail).

However, ...

there are still some glitches, which I am not able to resolve:

-- Message Delivery Notification (in both ways: so that I would
confirm receipt as well as that I would be able to ask for it),

-- etc. (I do not remember exactly, it is not so important and it is
late in the night).

            Thanks for advice, anyway

                        Matej

--