On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 05:08:22PM -0400, Jim Toth wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 09:54:14PM +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
> > On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 08:19:56PM +0200, Laurent Mirguet wrote:
> >
> > > Eudora removes the attachments from the mailboxes, which is nice to
> > > keep small mailboxes. Is it possible to do the same with mutt ?
>
> Yes.  Use v in the index to view the attachments menu for that
> message, and then d to delete individual attachments.  (Using the
> keybindings I have anyway...I assume they're the default ones.)

I knew that, but I don't want to manage all the attachments myself, I
thought you could automatize that (as it is done by default in
Eudora).

> > Oh, and where are the attachments kept? Mutt doesn't really suffer from the
> > size of the individual mails.

Eudora stores automaticaly the attachments in a subdirectory of the
mail directory. This prevents the mailbox from becoming too big too
fast.

And are you sure the the size of the mailbox has no impact on the
performances. For example, does mutt take the same time for reading a
mailbox of 10000 mails and 2Mo, and a mailbox of 10000 mails and 200Mo
?

> In the mailbox.  They aren't stored as separate files unless you
> explicitly save them elsewhere.

Laurent