On 2001.06.24, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
        "Jason A. Fager" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to make changes to color and/or scoring
> based on the contents of the Importance: header (this seems to be
> what Outlook uses to flag messages as high/low priority).  It seems
> that the color and score commands can't use ~h, however.  Is there
> any way around this limitation?  I can understand why matching the

Procmail.

## If the mail seems important, make sure that Mutt knows
#####
:0 f
| formail -I "X-Status: F"

> message body might be verboten, but I thought mutt had to read the
> whole message header anyway; does it only store parts of the header
> in memory?  I'd gladly live with the increased memory requirements
> if I could match arbitrary header fields.

Mutt reads whole headers when the mailbox is scanned, but retains only
certain fields indefinitely.

It would be nice to be able to configure a list of searchable (and
cached) header fields, though.  For example:

cache_header priority: received: x-

could allow header searches to match Priority:, Received:, X-Foo:, and
the ENVELOPE structure....

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago