Am Mon, 23 Jul 2001, schrieb Victor:

> Now, I use fetchmail to fetch my mail then start mutt. I'd like
> instead to use the command 'G' to start fetchmail from within mutt but
> pressing G it tells me that I should define a POP. The problem is that
> I have 6 POPs defined in .fetchmailrc.

Mutt can handle one pop account itself without fetchmail, pressing G
fetches mail from that pop account by default. Of course, you can
override this setting.

> How can I configure .muttrc to take into account the all bunch of my
> POPs?

You have to define a macro
Something like this in your .muttrc should do

macro index G "!/usr/bin/fetchmail" "fetchmail"

But you should think about some other possibilities to start
fetchmail
  - fetchmail has a daemon mode, with fetchmail -d 300 e.g., you can
        force fetchmail to fetch mail every 300 seconds
  - you could start it using cron
  - if you do not want to start fetchmail periodically, but every
        time you go online, you could call fetchmail from your system's
        /etc/ppp/ip-up

Christoph

--
Christoph Maurer - Paul-Röntgen-Straße 7 - D - 52072 Aachen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.christophmaurer.de