Andrew, et al --

...and then Andrew Brown said...
% what i'd like to do is have every outbound message saved to a folder
% save an additional copy to a folder called, eg, sent-today.  that way

As you've seen, there's no stock way to do it right now.

You might create a named pipe called sent or record, set your fcc to
that, and have that feed a script that is smart enough to not only stuff
a copy into sent-today but to also figure out where you'd really want the
fcc to go and drop one there as well.  All of the issues of file locking
and of keeping the script on the back of the pipe running are left up to
you :-)

% is there a better way?

It seems to me that what we really need is the capability of setting the
fcc to a program, just like $signature can be.  Now that I've come up
with the brilliant solution, who can write the patch? :-)

%
% --
% |-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]             * "ah!  i see you have the internet
% [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Andrew Brown)                that goes *ping*!"
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]       * "information is power -- share the wealth."

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PGP signature