Hi David,

David T-G wrote:

> % is there a way to make edit-type permanent upon exiting mutt?  When I
> % edit the mime-type of an attachment, exit mutt, and then open the
> % mailbox again, the mime-type is reverted back to its old value.
>
> Ah.  In that case, just sync-mailbox ('$' by default) to write without
> quitting, or quit ('q') to write and exit (but watch out for mark_old and
> so on).

This doesn't work.  See, the file on disk is never changed.  If I do
<edit-type> and change the mime-type from, say, application/octed-stream
to application/msword, and then hit e to edit the file directly, there
is still a content type of application/octed-stream.  Mutt will show
this attachment as application/msword and will honor my mailcap entries
for this type, but only as long as the folder is open.  Once I open
another folder (or quit mutt) all changes are lost.

Ciao,
Viktor

PS: What does HAND mean?
--