Perhaps your "t" is bound to something other than tag-entry.  Perhaps
you're hitting q instead of <Enter> after tagging.  When you tag files,
it should place a * next to the listed permissions.  Does it at least do
that?  If not, your t is probably wrong.  If so, then just hit enter after
tagging everything and you should be good to go.

Shawn

Previously, John P. Verel wrote:
% That's what I do.  All that happens is the cursor moves to the next file
% name.
%
% The manual notes that typing upper case A allows for tagging and
% attaching multiple messages (not files) and that works for me.  The
% manual makes no mention of tagging files...only messages.
%
% So, no luck here so far.