> Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 22:15:55 -0700
> From: Steven Schneider <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Can't send, wierd error message
>
> Thanks, for the tip.  I didn't think to look in my .muttrc, but when I
> did I noticed that set sendmail="/usr/local/sbin/sendmail -oem -oi"
> which was fine for when I had postfix.  But plain Sendmail has the
> path /usr/sbin/sendmail on OBSD.
>
> Now that I've made that small change, everything works.  :)

    Well, Sendmail is the default MTA on all BSD's AFAIK, and being a
    part of the base system it's in /usr. But it's not Sendmail that's
    in /usr/sbin/sendmail, it's a symlink to /usr/sbin/mailwrapper which
    just invokes another program based on argv[0] and
    /etc/mail/mailer.conf.  What strikes me is the fact
    that you invoked postfix with the path /usr/local.

    roman@roman ~ > ls -laF /usr/sbin/sendmail
    lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  21 Oct  9 16:08 /usr/sbin/sendmail@ ->
    /usr/sbin/mailwrapper

    BTW, how did you install postfix on the old machine? Didn't you use
    the port?  I don't know the OpenBSD ports system details (a quick
    glance at the cvsweb interface suggests the similarity ends with the
    /usr/ports path), but "the other" MTAs' port makefiles generally
    have a "replace" target that takes care of all this. On FreeBSD,
    that is.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
7:11AM up 3:41, 4 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00