On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 11:49:19PM -0500, Philip Mak wrote:
> Someone sent me an attachment called "designview.jpg" with MIME type of
> "application/octet-stream". Since it wasn't "image/jpg" or "image/jpeg",
> mutt didn't know how to view it correctly.
>
> How could I have made mutt treat that as image/jpg (by making it look at
> the filename extension, perhaps) despite the incorrect MIME type?

Currently, you have to use an external program or a patch to do this.
For information on some external programs, see

    http://www.spocom.com/users/gjohnson/mutt/#octet

I don't have the information on the patch handy.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | Spokane, Washington, USA