Matthew --

...and then Matthew D. Fuller said...
%
% On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 06:39:56AM -0500 I heard the voice of
% David T-G, and lo! it spake thus:
% > %
% > % But it's got bare "^From " lines  in mid-message where they 'naturally'
% > % appeared.  So, either you need a bit more smarts than just "^From ", or
% > % mutt doesn't write 'sent' as a true mbox.
% >
% > And I trust that this all works when you open it with mutt, right?  [Hey,
% > it never hurts to check.]
%
% It works just fine with mutt.

That's good :-)

% And your regex will break on it too.  For instance:
% (from forwarding on a newsgroup post, some names changed to protect the
% guilty)

[snipped]
Because of the single space before the day in each header, right?  If
that's the case note that I noted it and didn't guarantee it ;-)

%
% Mutt, I guess, outsmarts the mbox by reading Content-Length:, which you'd

Ahhh...  That would do it.  You ought to try my C-L: strip suggestion to
see if that's the case and how it breaks otherwise.

I wonder if that's a compile-time option.  That is, I wonder if my
version supports it, too.  Since I haven't told my MDA/LDA to do so, I
don't think it's used in favor of ^>From_ when the messages arrive in
either case, but we can try some pathological examples to find out...

% pretty much have to do I guess.  To me, it just seems like putting too
% much trust in the LDA, whatever that may be, but...  Then again, why not
% trust?  mbox is fragile as hell anyway, what's one more shaky assumption?
% ;)

*grin*

%
% --
% Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% Unix Systems Administrator      |    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% Specializing in FreeBSD         |    http://www.over-yonder.net/
%
% "The only reason I'm burning my candle at both ends, is because I
%       haven't figured out how to light the middle yet"

Thanks again!

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]