I was trying to setup mutt to move deleted mail to a mailbox on my IMAP server
named "Deleted Items".  This would emulate the way the MS-Outlook client
(foisted upon me at the office) works.  After searching through the archives
I found some macros that looked like they would do the trick.

Unfortunately when I run this macro mutt returns:
Create Deleted ItemsItems? ([yes]/no):

Running mutt with debugging turned on "-d4" gives me this info:
> a0005 NOOP
< a0005 OK NOOP completed.
mutt_index_menu[558]: Got op 92
mutt_index_menu[558]: Got op 144
mutt_complete: completing =Deleted
> a0006 LIST "" "Deleted%"
< * LIST (\Marked) "/" "Deleted Items"
< a0006 OK LIST completed.
> a0007 UID COPY 47491 "Deleted ItemsItems"     <===========    HMMMMM
< a0007 NO [TRYCREATE] The requested item could not be found.
imap_copy_messages: server suggests TRYCREATE
mutt_index_menu[558]: Got op 138

I've tried using:
folder-hook . 'macro index d "<save-message>=Deleted Items<enter>"'
however I get the same error.

Anyone have a suggestion, besides using a different mailbox that doesn't
have a space in it?

diana eichert

pertinent parts of my .muttrc file

# This makes mutt behave a little more like some imap clients by
# moving messages to the Trash folder when they are deleted. Once
# in the Trash folder, D will purge the trash folder, and d will
# delete one at a time. Unfortunately, the delete-pattern macro
# doesn't save to Trash, so be warned.
folder-hook . 'macro index D "<delete-pattern>"'
folder-hook . 'macro index d "<save-message>=Deleted<space>Items<enter>"'
folder-hook . 'macro pager d "<save-message>=Deleted<space>Items<enter>"'
folder-hook =Deleted<space>Items 'macro index D "<delete-pattern>~A\n"'
folder-hook =Deleted<space>Items 'macro index d "<delete-message>"'
folder-hook =Deleted<space>Items 'macro pager d "<delete-message>"'