Philip --

...and then Philip Mak said...
%
% I think I did something recently (it had to do with answering "no" when
% mutt asked me whether I wanted to purge deleted messages) that caused mutt
% to lose track of which messages had "D" (Deleted) flags on them.

That sounds like either you exited instead of quitting or you answered
'no' to an ask-no setting for $delete.

%
% Does anyone know what I did, and how to avoid doing it again? I think
% someone recently said on this mailing list that mutt does not have the
% ability of saving "D" (Deleted) flags.

That was probably me, and that's true AFAIK for mbox.

%
% It seems odd that mutt doesn't support it, since there seems to exist ways
% to store these flags ("X-Status: D" in mbox, or put "T" flag in filename
% in Maildir/cur).

I think that the sync code simply needs to be expanded to save a delete
flag but yet not delete the message.  Sounds easy enough; who wants to
write the patch? :-)

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]