Igor Pruchanskiy wrote:

> Anyway, Postfix is NOT using .forward files by default, which I think
> is a good thing.

i'm not sure this is the case, unless a vendor configuration has
specifically disabled this by default.

on my system, default settings appear to say pretty much the same thing
you suggest adding to main.cf

  jazz% postconf -d  | grep forward
  allow_mail_to_commands = alias,forward
  allow_mail_to_files = alias,forward
  forward_expansion_filter =
  1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
  forward_path = $home/.forward${recipient_delimiter}${extension},$home/.forward
  prepend_delivered_header = command, file, forward

  jazz% postconf -d  | grep version
  mail_version = Snapshot-20010808

(this is on a freebsd4.4 stable machine; postfix was built either from
source or from the postfix-current port)... i get the same results on
both debian linux and solaris 8 with Snapshot-20011121 (built from
source).

> And it will look into your ~/.procmailrc if you have
>
> mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail

probably /usr/bin/procmail -t
is better