On 28-Feb-02 at 09:54, Bob McLaren's inspired musing was thus :
> Wait a minute,
>
> If that's the case, can't I configure Mutt to connect to my public SMTP
server to send > mail rather than trying to send it from it's own local
sendmail program?

No, what I was trying to say (perhaps I wasn't clear) is that you cannot get
mutt to send mail to your public SMTP server, you have to run an SMTP server
on your machine in order to get mutt to send mail. There are several
suggestions depending on your setup, see the mutt web pages and the manual,
usually in /usr/local/doc/mutt/manual.txt.

> I don't see any configuration directive in the muttrc to specify an SMTP
server to > connect to.

There isn't one.

--
|-Simon White