On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 06:32:18PM +0100, Mishra, Dipankar wrote:

> I need some urgent guidance , i am sending files to persons thru mutt
> and some of the attachments are opened by some people and some are not.
> This could be the case as the attachment size in bth case was different.
> Now on further investigation i found that the content transfer encoding
> was different in bth the cases ... The file which was opening correctly
> had base64 encoding and the one which was not had quoted principle.  It
> seems mutt is picking up the content transfer decoding by default on the
> basis of file size.
> If some one could be where to default the base64 encoding in the muttrc
> or in the .mimetype and with what syntax.

Hi,

I don't know how mutt chooses the encoding type for an attachment, and I
don't know why quoted-printable isn't working for you, but you can
change the encoding type from the Compose menu with the edit-encoding
command, bound by default to ^E.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | Spokane, Washington, USA