On 07-Mar-02 at 16:26, Michael P. Soulier's inspired musing was thus :
>     Who uses the arrow keys?? hjkl man...

As someone who can actually touch type and without looking at the keys even,
it has always seemed stupid for vi to use hjkl, since this forces my hand out
of the home position, where my fingers will be on jkl;

I learned to touch type by quite literally forcing myself. I have used a PC
keyboard for 16 years and one day decided it was stupid to be in front of a
keyboard all day and not to try to type properly. Sure, it's slower to begin
with, but now I can type much faster.

--
|-Simon White               # GIMPS current unit progress: 31.22% #-|
|-Internet Services Manager # > http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm #-|