On 11-Mar-02 at 11:38, Lorin Winchester's inspired musing was thus :
> This is semi-off-topic, but it somewhat relates to Mutt and Mailman.  I'm on
> another mailing list that was recently switched from Majordomo to Mailman.
> Many times when users try to reply privately to a poster they end up posting
> to the list.  This causes many complaints about Mailman being a poor piece
> of software.
> I'm almost 100% sure that this can be easily changed.

It can be changed.

(from mailman docs)
reply_goes_to_list (general): Where are replies to list messages directed?

Poster is strongly recommended for most mailing lists.  This option controls
what Mailman does to the Reply-To: header in messages flowing through this
mailing list.  When set to Poster, no Reply-To: header is added by Mailman,
although if one is present in the original message, it is not stripped.
Setting this value to either This list or Explicit address causes Mailman to
insert a specific Reply-To: header in all messages, overriding the header in
the original message if necessary (Explicit address inserts the value of
reply_to_address).

--
|-Simon White               # GIMPS current unit progress: 36.47% #-|
|-Internet Services Manager # > http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm #-|