25-Mar-02 at 02:00, Sven Guckes ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> seriously - mutt sends email.  that's it.
> if your users don't read their emails right away
> then they won't notice your message at all.

It doesn't even do that. Mutt reads mail (but it's better to use a helper app
to get it) and then passes replies composed in an Editor (which is probably
not mutt) to a local SMTP agent which then delivers mail, most likely via
another server acting as an SMTP gateway.

What Mutt really does is provide a user interface for a number of configurable
tasks, which generally include moving and reading mail, but rarely truly
sending mail.

Mutt could be described as a highly configurable user interface with built in
functions to help with reading, indexing, sorting and generally organising
e-mail on a console.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt/Linux. [EMAIL PROTECTED] GIMPS: 54.36%] v-- John Lennon
Sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our lyrics