27-Mar-02 at 11:09, Jeremy Blosser ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> You probably didn't have compression set.  Try running ssh with the -C
> option.  It makes a dramatic difference.

I am running WinME at home. I know, it's a travesty... here are my
excuses:

1) My modem is a winmodem (Kortex PCI 56k) and Linux offline is no fun.
However, I do have a dual boot. I have tried PCTel Linux drivers no luck
so far.

2) My wife likes Windows. Only just got her into computing, it's a bit
early for KDE in English since she is mainly French speaking. I refuse to
have an OS in any other language than English. But Windows isn't an OS so
I can put that in French.

3) I do a lot of digital audio/video stuff and in Linux it's more work
getting my capture card and good audio products than creating the actual
music / video. WinME comes off reasonably well, and I have found it to be
more stable than 98 was, but then I have a custom install of ME (well, as
custom as you can get with a GUI and a few registry hacks).

So, I have PuTTY for SSH, will look into the options and check that out
tonight.

Simon.

--
[Simon White. vim/mutt. [EMAIL PROTECTED] GIMPS:57.19% see www.mersenne.org]
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from