Dan, et al --

...and then Dan Boger said...
%
% On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 09:27:10AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
% > Or am I missing your point?
%
% yes, you are :)  why can't you go back and mark a message 'N' again?

It's my understanding that the IMAP design does not allow the client to
write back the N flag.  There was a time when I *could* write it, and all
was well, but then we upgraded to a current, secure, modern IMAP server
and that went away.  When I wailed and moaned, thinking it was mutt's
fault, I was told that that's How It Should be.  Ugh.

I telnetted to my imap port and simply got

  [zero] [9:39am] ~>  telnet localhost 143
  Trying 127.0.0.1...
  Connected to localhost.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  * OK localhost IMAP4rev1 v12.264 server ready
  ^]
  telnet> qui
  Connection closed.

so I don't know for sure what IMAP server we're running.  It's not worth
further checking unless my understanding is out of date or otherwise
incorrect, though.  You can write the 'N'ew flag back to your mailbox?

%
% --
% Dan Boger
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]