Kyle --

...and then Kyle Knack said...
%
% And, as it always turns out, as soon as I sent that, I figured it out.

Sort of, I think.

% Apparently mutt is still reading in values from /etc/Muttrc, and
% something in there is causing this to happen.  The fast_reply option is
% turned off in both my config and the /etc/Muttrc.  If anyone is bored

That doesn't make sense; why do you say that mutt is reading from Muttrc
when you then say that fast_reply is turned off in Muttrc?

% and feels like looking at the /etc/Muttrc, I can send it.  This brings
% up the real question to solve my problem - is there any way to make mutt
% ignore the /etc/Muttrc completely ?  I tried 'mutt -F ~/.muttrc', which

Of course:

  [zero] [9:37pm] ~>  mutt -h | grep -i muttrc
    -F <file>     specify an alternate muttrc file
    -n            causes Mutt not to read the system Muttrc

% should be the default behavior with no options, but I get the same
% results.  Thanks!

Do you have

  #set fast_reply

or

 set nofast_reply

in either of your muttrc files?  It's unlikely, but perhaps it was
compiled in as "on" by default.  You mentioned your non-standard config;
where did you get your mutt itself?

%
% Kyle
%
%
% * Kyle Knack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [020601 22:29]:

P.S. -- I really wish you would quit with the top-posting and
        non-trimming.  Sven, do you have a .sig for this? ;-)

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]