Hi,

I have attached a script (commit_mairix.py) that does this. You would need to
change the location of your search folder in this file.

It works only when both search folder and the mail folder are maildirs. If you
guys find a better solution, let me know ! BTW, it would be nice if there were
a sync-hook functionality, that would be triggered when a mailbox is synced.

I am using it as follows:

# General Settings

folder-hook . 'bind index,pager $ sync-mailbox'
folder-hook . 'bind index,pager q quit'
folder-hook . 'macro index,pager <F1>   "<enter-command>exec
change-folder\r=inbox-gmail\r" "View Gmail Inbox"'
folder-hook . 'macro index,pager <F5>   "<enter-command>set
wait_key=no<enter><shell-escape>mairix F:f<enter><enter-command>set
wait_key=yes<enter><change-folder>=mairix-search<enter>" "View Flagged
Messages"'

# Settings for the search folder

folder-hook mairix-search 'macro index,pager $ "<enter-command>set
wait_key=no<enter><sync-mailbox><shell-escape>commit_mairix.py | tee -a
.commit_mairix.log<enter><enter-command>set wait_key=yes<enter>"'
folder-hook mairix-search 'macro index q "<enter-command>set
wait_key=no<enter><sync-mailbox><shell-escape>commit_mairix.py | tee -a
.commit_mairix.log<enter><enter-command>set wait_key=yes<enter><quit>"'
folder-hook mairix-search 'macro index,pager <F1>       "$<enter-command>exec
change-folder\r=inbox-gmail\r" "View Gmail Inbox"'
folder-hook mairix-search 'macro index,pager <F5>       "$<enter-command>set

--
Regards,
Ajeet

import os,sys,re
from stat import *

def matchFlag(filename, flag):
        p = re.compile('^.*:2,.*'+flag+'.*')
        m = p.match(filename)
        if m:
                return True
        else:
                return False

print "Syncing message flags with search results"

base = "/home/ajeet/Mail/mairix-search/"
dirs = [base+"cur/", base+"new/"]

for dir in dirs:
        files = os.listdir(dir)
        for fil in files:
                linkpath = dir+fil;
                if os.path.islink(dir+fil):
                        realpath = os.path.realpath(dir+fil);
                        rm = os.stat(realpath)[ST_CTIME];
                        lm = os.lstat(dir+fil)[ST_CTIME];
                        if (rm < lm):
                                if (matchFlag(realpath, 'F') and not
matchFlag(linkpath, 'F')):
                                        i = realpath.rfind('F')
                                        renamepath = realpath[:i]+realpath[i+1:]
                                        print ' Changing ' + realpath + ' to '
+ renamepath
                                        os.rename(realpath, renamepath)
                                        os.unlink(linkpath)