> >Nope...no spaces.  The culprit these days is a mailbox I have set up
> >for
> >Amazon.  I do a lot of business there, and so I created a mailbox
> >specifically for that mail.  Here is the recipe:
> >
> >:0
> >* ^From:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >        |[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >$HOME/Mail/amazon/
> >
> >Pretty straightforward.  But no notification from Mutt when mail
> >arrives.
>
> How many mailboxes is mutt monitoring? Is there any pattern to the
> ones that it doesn't see?

I found the error.  All of my mail is placed within the "Mail" directory
of my home directory.  When I made an entry in my .muttrc for the
mailbox in question, I incorrectly wrote "Mail" with a lower case
"m" when indicating the path.  That was it.

Thanks for taking the time to help.  Boy, those syntax errors can really
bite you.

Rem