On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 10:56:44PM -0500, Ed Blackman wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 01:16:14AM +0100, Ennio-Sr wrote:
>> I commented all my .muttrc lines referring to 'unhook' and 'send-hook'
>> and adapted the lines you suggested to my addresses. Still nothing
>> happens when I press 'z'!
>
> Are you sure you're in the compose menu when you press 'z'?  You should
> see "-- Mutt: Compose" in the lower left.
>
>> Moreover, when I compose a new message, my 'From' hdr reads:
>> From: Identity_default
>
> Yeah, I did that deliberately to remind myself of the option.  You might
> want to change the "set from=" line and the "send-hook" lines to have
> actual addresses if you don't want that in your editor.
>
> The compose menu is what you get *after* you've saved your message and
> exited the editor.

I think the OP did not realise this. You hit 'z' before you normally hit
'y' to send. I did not get around to checking htis until yesterday and
it works fine and is really usefull. Thanks.

Brian.

--
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
--Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977