On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 15:40, Michael Graham wrote:

> I’ve been trying to set up OfflineIMAP to sync my mail to my machine into a
> Maildir set of folders.  So far, mostly works, but I can’t access nested
> folders — only the top-level folders.  I used ‘/’ as the seperator so that
> OfflineIMAP would create local nested folders.
>       My .muttrc has the following:
>
>     set   mbox_type     =    Maildir
>     set   pager_stop
>     set   folder       =    "~/.mail"
>     set   spoolfile    =    "+INBOX"
>     set   record       =    "+Sent Messages"
>     set   postponed    =    "+Drafts"
>     set   mask         =    "!^\\.[^.]"
>
> I think the problem is with the mask, but I’ve tried mucking around with it
> to no avail.
>       Anyone know what it should read?  Or if it’s not the mask, then what
> the problem is?

I’ve been researching this a little further, trying to get it fixed, but still
haven’t made any progress.
      I followed a Maildir guide on the mutt wiki (<http://tinyurl.com/mexy9>),
making sure I removed the trailing whitespace from the \s, but it still doesn’t
work.  Hitting enter on one of the folders I *know* has subfolders (which I can
navigate to with the cd command, still just opens that folder.
      When I exit, I see this in the terminal printed several times, just after
the command to start mutt:

    sh: line 0: [: missing `]'

I tried fixing it, but I know nothing about shell scripting, so I couldn’t seem
to strike upon the required placing for the missing `.
      Anyone know how to fix?

Thanks,
Mike

PS: The subject line in the original email got mangled by my VPS’s copy of
mutt, so I’ve fixed it this time around.  Apologies if this breaks your
threading.

--