On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 01:38:07PM -0800, Tim Johnson wrote:
> * Gary Johnson <garyj...@spocom.com> [120407 13:06]:

> > >   It would be nice if I could save all of the tagged messages to one
> k >   *named* (not mbox) file - just as if I were saving a viewed
> > >   attachment. It looks like that is not doable.
> >
> > I'm not following you at all.  An mbox file _is_ a named file.  You
> > can choose any name you like, absolute, relative to your mail folder
> > directory, or relative to the directory in which you started mutt.

> > >   Yeah, what would work for me is a special mbox directory for just
> > >   saving stuff then open them in vim and weed out headers, saving
> > >   content to a new file..
> >
> > Save a thread to any file name you like, open that file in vim and
> > tell me how that differs from what you requested.
> Gary, below is my original question:
>  To recap, if I tag the thread and invoke ;s
>  I get the following response
>  "Save tagged to mailbox ('?' for list): =tim"
>  If I back up the cursor and enter "~/save-thread.txt",
>  mutt creates a mailbox named save-thread.txt
>  That is not what I want.

save-thread.txt is just a file, no more, no less. Do you want to remove
all the headers? What is it that is not what you want?

However, I think you have a bigger problem. Doing what you suggest, I
think, gives only the first message of the thread. I think you want all
messages. I agree it would be a nice feature, but I can not see how to
do it at the moment.

Brian.