On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:16:40PM -0600, David Champion wrote:
> * On 20 Nov 2012, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:
> > > map T {
> > > !}mutt-table
> > > ### press T over table to format
> >
> > This looks great, but I am unclear what one does precisely. I created
> > the script, and added the stuff to .exrc (actually created that file, as
> > I use .vimrc). Then I added the text for the table to the article. What
> > do I do next. Pressing T did nothing.
>
> I'm not terribly familiar with vim since I prefer vi.  I do have a .vimrc
> though, in case I have to use vim, and it ends with:
>
> source .exrc
>
> which implies to me that when .vimrc is present, .exrc is not processed
> by default (I really don't recall for sure).  So I suggest putting the
> "map" command into .vimrc instead, and just deleting the .exrc file.
>
> Here's the macro again, with literal carriage returns replaced by "^M".
> To enter a carriage return while editing the .vimrc, press control-V
> control-M.
>
> " Run tbl markup through mutt-table
> map T {^M!}mutt-table^M

OK, I have done that. I also changed nroff to groff as I have both and
they are different sizes. However, I still do not really understand by
"press T over table to format. I type the table, hit >esc> and then
shift-T. Nothing happens. What am I supposed to do?

Brian.

--
"Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'No'."
                                               -- Unknown