Ok, maybe that was a bit brief - got my fingers crossed and hit "send"
prematurely. I'll try typing without mittens on this time.

Hi All,

I'm Hue Holleran of Open Action Ltd. - currently filling the role of sys
arch and development team leader working with several organisations in the
UK. I'm priveleged in that I'm able to work around 3 weeks+ a month from
home. A lot of my work these days is thinking and writing reports and
planning but still have plenty of time to "code".

I have around 14 years commercial development and systems experience mainly
with Microsoft products although the first commercial work I undertook was
while in secondary school so I guess it could be as much as 17 years if one
counts BBC Micro and PC-based FoxBase/Pro software.

I have around 5 years web development experience and spent the last 2 years
getting to grips with java as well - although my first interest and exposure
to java goes back to its inception when I thought it looked neat. My main
drive at the moment is moving everything we do to Debian GNU Linux - so all
java and web development is done on Debian and very nice it is too. I still
actively develop in Microsoft VB/C#.NET although struts would be my chosen
framework for web development. Currently working with a team on 2 large
commercial web developments using struts amongst other Microsoft-based
projects too.

My expectations in undertaking this workshop are that it will teach me
everything I do not know; will make me a happier and more fun person to be
around; will improve my ability to consume large amounts of alcohol without
falling over; will improve my "bar billiards" playing; and will give me
insight into the bits of struts I have not yet touched and teach me to use
properly the bits I already think I know how to use.

Hobbies? Ok. I'm very interested in the previous lessons of conflicts of war
and am currently reading "Nemesis" (the fall of Adolf Hitler). Previous
books include Sun Tzu's Art of War, Stranger in a Strange Land, Bel-Ami by
Guy de Maupassant, anything by F.Forsythe and indeed anything that I think's
worth reading. I always read literature in bed and technical books and
articles in the bath. (ok maybe a bit too much detail but I'll leave it in).
I also enjoy spending time with my georgeous 3 year old daughter and playing
golf at my local army course and I'd be lying if I said I do not spend any
time at all in the pub.

>> g. Do this 1st. << Ok, done - where's everybody else's?

Looking forward to working with everybody else on the workshop - although I
hope the rest appears less cryptic than Vik's first mail but I'm going to
give it a try tomorrow - I'm sure it'll make sense in the end. No
spoonfeeding, eh?

H.