Hi All

My name is Jon Archer and I work for Perceptive Informatics Inc. as a
Software Engineer in Boulder, Colorado, though I'm originally from the
UK.

I have some 10+ years software development experience though until the
last year or so have been a bit of a 'jack of all trades', working on
everything from customising Sage Accounting software to Lotus Notes to
Visual Basic. Last 5 years have been principally web-related
development, initially MS IIS, ASP, SQL Server and all that sort of
stuff. Last year has been 90% Java using NetBeans, Ant, Tomcat, a little
JetSpeed and a very recent introduction to Struts 1.1.

My expectations in taking this class are that I'll emerge with a much
greater understanding than I have gleaned thus far from reading and
meddling about on my own with Struts...

Regarding hobbies I enjoying hiking (for which the Rocky Mountains
provide ample opportunities), horror stories/films (yes I know I'm
*supposed* to prefer sci-fi, but I don't ;-), and am a very happy owner
of an English Bull Terrier
(http://www.jonarcher.com/images/cyrus/800x600/107-0726_IMG.JPG). That's
a Spud's McKenzie doggy for those stateside.

Cheers,
Jon