INLINE/CAPS:

Are there any facilities to provide the portal loading to clarify how it works in the case of 500 or 1000 users?

MOST PORTAL WORK WITH MUCH MORE USERS THAN THAT, NOTHING SPECIALY.

Is there Performance Monitor ( ~SilverStream PMC ) for Tomcat or any other
monitoring facilities?

JAMON IS BUILT INTO BP. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE MONITORED IN PRODUCTION.

   Do you have any clients using Tomcat working in cluster system
   with load balancing ?

CLUSTERING IS FOR NEWBIES (NEW DEVELOPERS). YOU CAN JUST USE A STICK BIT WITH ROUND AND ROBIN, THAT IS BEST PRACTICE IMO.

IF I HAD MORE THAN A 2 THOUSAND CONCURENT USERS PER CPU, I WOULD USE RESIN, NOT TOMCAT. ITS $500 PER PRODUCTION SERVER, UNLIMITED CPU. http://www.caucho.com/download/index.xtp (FYI, bP is $950 un-limited servers, so I hope you use bP, it's cheap and good).

   What IDE do you prefer & what do you think about BEAs WorkShop,
   IBMs IDE & Sun's Forte ?

I AND I THINK EVERYONE ELSE USES ECLIPSE.ORG

Best regards,
 Andrey                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- Victor Cekvenich, Struts Instructor (215) 321-9146

Advanced Struts Training
<http://basebeans.com/do/cmsPg?content=TRAINING> Server Side Java
training with Rich UI, mentoring, designs, samples and project recovery
in North East.
Simple best practice basic Portal, a Struts CMS, Membership, Forums,
Shopping and Credit processing, <http://basicportal.com> software, ready
to develop/customize; requires a db to run.